Practical legal advice and assistance for Businesses
Amorys Solicitors offers a high quality and cost-effective service
With considerable expertise in commercial property deals, we will assess your risk and provide detailed due diligence that protects your commercial property investment and your interests. Our proactive approach to every transaction keeps you informed and in control so that you may achieve your objectives even against the most demanding of deadlines.
For in excess of 30 years, our team has represented local government and public sector bodies, private companies and property developers both large and small on a wide range of issues. We work closely with our commercial clients and are committed to facilitating expeditious and seamless property transactions.
Commercial Property Law
Amorys Solicitors regularly represent commercial clients in Landlord and Tenant matters including in relation to interpretation and enforcement of payment of rent clauses, insurance, rates, repair clauses and break clauses. We also advise clients in relation to their obligations upon termination of a lease and yield up of the property if served with a disputed Schedule of Dilapidations.
Services we provide
Our expertise covers a wide range of legal services relating to commercial property law, including:
- Handling the sale and purchase of business premises, (both freehold and leasehold), such as shops, restaurants, industrial units and property occupied by educational organisations
- Drafting, negotiating and agreeing the terms of commercial leases, business sale agreements and transfers
- Preparing legal documentation for the sale of commercial property at auction
- Legal advice and assistance on secured lending for the acquisition of commercial property
- Advising on the application of planning permission and building control legislation to developments/ works
- Rectifying complicated title issues in circumstances where property vests in the State under the State Property Act 1954.
- Advising developers and management companies on their respective obligations in relation to multi-unit developments as defined in the Multi-Unit Development Act 2011.
- Advice & assistance in relation to licensing and/or franchising issues arising on the sale or transfer of commercial property including hotels & restaurants
- Legal advice and assistance to commercial pension funds on the acquisition of commercial property
- The assembly of land for development purposes and the subsequent disposal of plots on the developed land
- Representing commercial property owners in a Landlord and Tenant dispute;
- Legal assistance in relation to the Termination and Renewal of Commercial Leases;
- Representation in Construction Disputes;
- Advising developers and property owners on Social Housing Initiatives
Commercial Property Legal Services
- Amorys represented a local authority subsidiary company in a large-scale commercial development in a Strategic Development Zone in Dublin which included the preparation of a Data Room, advice in relation to a due diligence process and the negotiation on behalf of the client in relation to key contract milestones. The complexity of the deliverables required significant commercial expertise and an in-depth understanding of the commercial property market to allow for the successful conclusion of the arrangement. All deliverables were ultimately concluded in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Amorys Solicitors advised an Isle of Man developer in relation to the development of office space in Dublin’s IFSC in excess of 50,000 sq. m on all aspects of the purchase and financing of the purchase and drawing down the development finance. Amorys Solicitors drafted and negotiated the construction contracts and professional appointments for the project together with the drafting & negotiating of commercial leases of the development.
- We have advised clients regarding the implications of Local Authority Leases prepared on foot of the Long-Term Leasing Initiative under the Housing Acts 1966 – 2005 and the Enhanced Long-Term Social Housing Leasing Scheme introduced under Pillar 2 of Rebuilding Ireland: An Action Plan for Housing and Homelessness in 2018 (“ELTSHLS”).
- We regularly advise in relation to social housing obligations of developers and advised on their obligations under Part V of the Planning & Development Act 2000 and tax implications of resulting disposals.
- Represented a large property developer in Kildare in relation to a compulsory purchase order made by Kildare County Council of part of its property which had a compensatory value of €4m.
- Amorys Solicitors frequently provide legal advice to large commercial property owners in respect of commercial leases for mixed use, office and retail developments.
- Amorys Solicitors frequently advise receivers and liquidators in relation to their appointment under fixed and floating charges, sales of assets, and sales as mortgagee in possession.
Buying or Selling a Property? Contact Our Commercial Property Solicitors Today
We are dedicated to achieving client satisfaction in the provision of legal services in this area. If you require commercial property advice, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call us on +353 (0)1 213 5940 to schedule an appointment and one of our commercial property lawyers will reply shortly.
Request a Free Quote
Our Customer Stories
You are the center of our universe