Data Protection & Privacy Law
Practical legal advice and assistance for Businesses
Amorys Solicitors provide legal advice regarding compliance with privacy laws & data security
Compliance for business with data regulations, data protection and data privacy laws are now a fundamental concern for every organisation. Amorys Solicitors will provide a practical, efficient and step by step approach for you & your business to ensure compliance with privacy law, data security, confidentiality and data protection for your organisation, customers and employees.
Data protection and privacy law is a rapidly changing area of expertise as new technological developments become current and are quickly overtaken by others. Big data requires a significantly greater level of data compliance by companies, especially where businesses are using large scale analytics.
Data protection and privacy law
Has your company had a data breach? Companies and organisations that collect and process personal data need to be aware of their legal obligations should a data breach occur. If you think your company has had a Data breach, Amorys Solicitors can advise you on how to effectively address the issue and whether the Data Protection Commissioner needs to be notified of the breach. We can also advise you on how best to ensure that data breaches do not re-occur within your organisation.
Recent Transactions That We Have Been Involved In
Data protection and privacy law
- Advising businesses on compliance with the GDPR
- Advising organisations on their obligations under data protection legislation to customers and exceptions applicable in a contentious situation
- Advising an organisation on a data protection complaint from a trade union on behalf of employee members
- Advising clients on compliance in contracts, websites, and outsourcing
- Assisting clients in making a subject access request and/or complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner
- Representing a client in a defamation and breach of privacy action
- Advising businesses on their obligation to notify a data breach
- Drafting data protection policies, privacy statements, CCTV policies etc.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) were introduced in 2018 to give individuals more control over their personal data and to unify the EU regulations for international businesses transferring data outside the EU. Security of data is not only essential from a business integrity perspective but it is also a fundamental legal requirement.
Under the GDPR, the guiding principal is that the processing of personal data should be transparent and that it must also be lawful and fair. Organisations need to be aware that when they gather personal information that the individual has the right to know that their data is being collected, how it is being collected and told how it is processed. Individuals also have certain rights in relation to their personal data and they must be told how they can exercise these rights. This is why having a comprehensive and extensive data protection policy is a must for all organisations. Amorys Solicitors can advise your business to ensure that your data protection policy, privacy statements, CCTV policy etc. are fit for purpose and are GDPR compliant.
Rights Of Data Subjects Under GDPR
Every individual has the right to the protection of their personal data. Article 8 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights states that;
- Everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning him or her.
- Such data must be processed fairly for specified purposes and on the basis of the consent of the person concerned or some other legitimate basis laid down by law. Everyone has the right of access to data which has been collected concerning him or her, and the right to have it rectified.
- Compliance with these rules shall be subject to control by an independent authority.
If you are an individual who has been affected by a data breach, Amorys Solicitors can advise you on your legal rights under the data protection legislation.
Contact one of our Solicitors handling Data Protection and Privacy Law
If you have concerns regarding your data protection obligations or rights, Amory Solicitors will advise you comprehensively and guide you and your employees through this technical process to identify specific solutions to ensure compliance.
Our Customer Stories
You are the center of our universe