Trusts and Estate Planning
practical legal advice and assistance
Amorys’ Solicitors’ team of private client lawyers offers a highly personalised service
It is important to have appropriate arrangements in place so that your assets pass to your beneficiaries as tax-efficiently as possible and at a suitable time.
Whether making your own succession plans or managing assets on behalf of somebody else as a trustee or attorney, it’s important to receive proper guidance and support. As a firm of registered solicitors with the Law Society of Ireland, Amorys Solicitors can offer practical legal advice and assistance to ensure family and trust assets remain protected and secure and respectfully passed down in a manner that is beneficial to those inheriting.
As a long-established general practice firm with a large private client base in Ireland, we have experience advising clients on wealth and succession planning. Amorys solicitors provides legal advice on tax-reliefs and trust structures available for business owners and family members some of whom may be dependent.
Advising private clients has become progressively more complex over the last few decades. In an increasingly globalised world it is common for individuals and their families to have ties to other jurisdictions, and to hold assets abroad. Carefully considered planning is therefore essential to avoid unwanted tax and succession consequences. As founding members of Lawyers Associated Worldwide (L.A.W.), a global network of full-service law firms in over 95 cities and commercial centres around the world Amorys Solicitors has gained particular expertise in advising non-resident clients on trust and estate planning matters involving multi-jurisdictional issues.
Trusts and Estate Planning
Private Client Matters
Amorys’ Solicitors’ team of private client lawyers, one of whom is an AITI Chartered tax adviser (CTA) and an affiliate member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), have the expertise to assist on a broad range of trust and estate planning private client matters.
As well as having the technical expertise to provide a match for many of the large commercial firms in Dublin, we are proud of our reputation in being able to offer a highly personalised service, and believe that getting to know our clients and establishing long-standing professional relationships is the key to our success.
Services We Provide
Trusts & Estate Planning
- Legal advice and assistance regarding the sale or transfer of family business assets to the next generation, including advice of the availability of tax reliefs such as retirement relief for capital gains tax purposes and business relief and agricultural relief for capital acquisitions tax purposes
- Legal advice to trustees of fixed and discretionary trusts, including trusts for minors in relation to the management of trust assets and the appointment of assets to beneficiaries
- Advising individuals and families, owners (and former owners) of privately held businesses, and high net worth individuals in all facets of estate and tax planning including sophisticated wealth transfer techniques, business succession planning and philanthropic endeavours
- Representing professional trustees and individuals in trust litigation matters including, cases involving the interpretation of trusts and trustee powers
- Representing Charity Trustees in all matters relating to the establishment of a charitable trust and obtaining the charitable tax exemption where available
- Advising charity trustees in relation to the management & sale of charitable trust assets, including obtaining prior consent from the Charities Regulator.
Contact one of our Solicitors handling trust and estate planning
If you require advice on how to protect your assets for the future generation or dependent relatives, Amorys Solicitors is best placed to assist. Contact us by email at email@example.com or call us on +353 (0)1 213 5940 to schedule an appointment and a member of our Trusts and Estate Planning team will reply shortly.
Have a Question?
Our Customer Stories
You are the center of our universe